I’ve been promising this for ages and I’ve finally come through for you guys with my long-awaited healthy granola recipe. When I first made this I was honestly shocked at how easy it was! I’ve since adapted the recipe to be a more healthy & now use honey instead of maple syrup but if you have a sweet tooth, feel free to use syrup.
Okay let’s get into the recipe.
I love breakfast but don’t like fussing with it on a daily basis, hence finding a way to make breakfast easy & delicious. I love this simple breakfast of homemade granola, double cream greek yoghurt, seasonal fruits & honey. So this recipe is perfect for moms or generally busy people because it lasts up to two weeks, depending on how much you eat straight out of the jar, because it’s THAT delicious!
Delicious, Healthy & Simple Homemade GranolaPrint This
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds (chopped/blended) or walnuts
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup dried cranberries or dried fruit of your choice
- 4 tablespoons honey (you can also use maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°
- Chop the almonds or pulse them in a blender a few times but not too much, you still want a few whole almonds.
- Mix together the coconut flakes, oats & chopped almonds in a bowl & set to the side.
- Heat coconut oil on the stove, till melted then add the honey and cinnamon & mix together.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the oat mix & make sure all dry ingredients are coated.
- Spread a thin layer onto a baking and bake for 10 minutes until lightly toasted.
- If the oats is still quite damp, toss them up a little bit & pop back in the oven for a further 5 minutes. Make sure to watch it closely as the coconut flakes burn quickly.
- Once the oats are golden brown remove from the oven, allow it cool & then add the cranberries ( or whatever dried fruit you choose).
- Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. I like to keep mine in a Mason Jar, purely for aesthetic.
If you try this recipe please do let me know in the comments & tag me in pictures of your granola on Instagram (@lechellealdridge).