I’ve been promising this for ages and I’ve finally come through for you guys with my long-awaited healthy granola recipe. When I first made this I was honestly shocked at how easy it was! I’ve since adapted the recipe to be a more healthy & now use honey instead of maple syrup but if you have a sweet tooth, feel free to use syrup.
I love breakfast but don’t like the fussing too much with it on a daily basis, hence finding a way to make breakfast easy & delicious. I enjoy a simple breakfast consisting of this homemade granola, double cream greek yoghurt, fruits & honey. So this recipe is perfect for moms or busy professionals because it lasts for up to two weeks.
Okay let’s get into the recipe.
Delicious, Healthy & Simple Homemade GranolaPrint This
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds (chopped/blended) or walnuts
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup dried cranberries or dried fruit of your choice
- 4 tablespoons honey (you can also use maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180°
- Chop the almonds or pulse them in a blender a few times but not too much, you still want a few whole almonds.
- Mix together the coconut flakes, oats & chopped almonds in a bowl & set to the side.
- Heat coconut oil on the stove, till melted then add the honey and cinnamon & mix together.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the oat mix & make sure all dry ingredients are coated.
- Spread a thin layer onto a baking and bake for 10 minutes until lightly toasted.
- If the oats is still quite damp, toss them up a little bit & pop back in the oven for a further 5 minutes. Make sure to watch it closely as the coconut flakes burn quickly.
- Once the oats are golden brown remove from the oven, allow it cool & then add the cranberries ( or whatever dried fruit you choose).
- Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. I like to keep mine in a Mason Jar, purely for aesthetic.
If you try this recipe please do let me know in the comments & tag me in pictures of your granola on Instagram (@lechelletaylor).