As I said in my date ball recipe, I’m on a mission to find healthy and wholesome alternatives to the meals or snacks that I love. With the added bonus of being able to make more at home, have less food waste and ultimately live more sustainably. But besides all of that these chewy coconut macadamia nut butter cookies are beyond delicious and surprisingly healthy. I say surprisingly healthy because I think most of us have the assumption that the healthy option is less flavourful, scrumptious or decadent but that couldn’t be further from the truth. You are going to be shocked at how delicious these are!
Here I am once again saying I went into recipe not thinking much of it and then having to eat my words. Further proving that the healthy & wholesome alternatives are still just as yum but without the sugar crash and tummy aches after. These are the ultimate sweet treat for anytime before, during or after your period when you could inhale anything sweet. I’m not sure about you but especially around my period I NEED (yes it’s a need) to have something sweet and thankfully between my date balls and these cookies, I’m sorted!
You’re more than welcome to swap out the macadamia nut butter for any other nut butter that you prefer but personally, it’s all about the macadamia nut butter for me. I love dipping juicy apples into macadamia nut butter for breakfast or a snack, over oats or smoothie bowls or as a base for these chewy cookies!
These cookies can be thrown together in a matter of minutes so as long as you always have some kind of nut butter (Buttanut has an incredible selection) in your pantry you’ll be able to whip these up quickly! Because these are made with coconut sugar, raw honey & nut butter, they’re a much healthier alternative to the chocolate chip cookies we were powering our way through at the beginning of lockdown.
Since we’re all working from home and knowing that we’re taking more aimless trips to the fridge, why not prep some healthy options to snack on instead of having nothing and then doing the inevitable 10pm run to the corner store for snacks (read: all the chips, chocolate & soda). You can also create a loaded cookie recipe with protein and/or collagen powder if you’re that way inclined.
I’m currently working on a nice cream recipe that would be the perfect companion to these cookies so look out for that!
Chewy Coconut & macadamia nut butter cookiesPrint This
- 1 cup Buttanut Macadamia nut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 egg
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- honey roasted macadamia nuts (topping)
- Line your being tray & preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Using an electric mixer, beat macadamia nut butter, coconut sugar, butter & honey on high until fluffy – about 3 minuets.
- Add the egg & vanilla essence and beat until well combined
- Sift the flour and bicarb soda into wet ingredients and beat until combined. The mixture will form a dough-like consistency.
- Toss in desiccated coconut and using a spatulas, stir it in by hand. The mixture will be quite sticky
- Measure out a tablespoon of dough onto your lined baking tray, leaving space for cookies to expand. Press a honey roasted macadamia nut into the centre of each cookie – no need to press too much! I found that six cookies per tray allows enough room for each to expand with out touching each other.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, remove the tray from the oven and allow the cookies to cool completely before transferring them to your wire rack. The cookies continue to cook and harden once removed from the oven.
- Repeat cooking process until all your dough is finished. This usually makes about 18 cookies but that depends on how big you want the cookies.
YUMMY!😍 I’m definitely giving this a try. Thanks for sharing LeChelle.💕
Eeeeck these cookies are amazing!!!! The recipe will forever stay on go to list for a quick easy yummy snack. Thank you soooo much for sharing! X
I can’t stress how good these LOOK and sound. Yum!