Cheesecake is something I’ve always loved! The love started with fridge cheesecake and has gradually moved toward the baked Boston cheesecake. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I’m almost definitely stopped dead in my tracks when I see an amazing baked cheesecake.
So needless to say I’ve tried my fair share of cheesecakes! Naturally I tried to make it and both times I’ve tried before now they’ve been horrific! Like the kind that can’t even be redeemed by a good camera angle!
So when I mentioned I was keen to give it another go for this very special occasion that was my sister’s kitchen tea she handed me this recipe! Let me just put it out there that I failed horribly & was ready to throw the entire mixture down the drain but LéBoyfriend saved the day! As all boyfriends should do, but not without first enduring the wrath of a woman who has put effort into something and failed. Ps, i’m the worst at this!
Now onto the recipe for this delicious Baked Lemon Cheesecake.
2 x packets of tennis biscuits
150g melted butter
Butter, for greasing
3 x 250g tubs of cream cheese, room temperature
250ml castor sugar
5ml vanilla essence
1 lemon, finely grated & 1/2 juice
1. Preheat oven at 180C and grease 20cm springform pan with melted butter.
2. Use food processor to finely crumb biscuits. Add butter & mix till combined well.
3. Use spatula or the back of a soon to spread and press the mixture evenly along the base and the sides of the greased pan. Place in the fridge to set while preparing the filling.
4. For the filling, beat the cream cheese, castor sugar & vanilla essence until light & creamy. Add the rest of the ingredients for the filling (eggs, cream, lemon rind & juice).
5. Pour mixture into the greased pan and bake for 45 minutes until golden and just set in the centre. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
6. Place in the fridge overnight to firm and remove 15 minutes before serving.
Serves 10 or more, depending on how much rationing you do.
Side Note: if you toss all the ingredients for the filling in at once, like I did, and it looks lumpy and nothing like cheesecake, pour the mixture into a pot & heat slightly while stirring. All the lumps will disappear and it will look amazing!
This baked lemon cheesecake it absolutely delicious, and crazy easy! If you make this please send me pictures on Instagram or comment below, I’d love to hear about it!