This video is a little bit different to my regular makeup tutorials or beauty related chatty bits. Well it is chatty but I’m not alone in this one. I thought since it’s the Christmas season and we’re hopefully all surrounded by family and friends during this time, I’d have my mom film a video with me. And what better than to make a yummy Christmas Berry Apple Crumble with my mama?
When I say this crumble is utterly delicious I’m not overreacting in the slightest. It’s a good amount of sweet (apples) and sour (berries) along with some yummy cinnamon for that good ol’ Christmas warmth. Is it Christmassy if it doesn’t have cinnamon? NO!
We also had a little chat about me as a kid, makeup faux-pas & the best things I’ve learnt from my mama.
All the recipe details are listed below the video, so scroll down to there.
Berry Apple Crumble: serves 6 (depending on how much you plan to eat – you’ll want to eat it all!)
- x3 cups mixed berries
- x3 apples (cored & cut in eighths)
- x2 tsp Coconut sugar
- x2 tsp cinnamon
- x2 tbsp water
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut (desiccated/flaked)
- ¼ rolled oats
- x2 tbsp cinnamon (we added more)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- x2 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC & line pie dish with coconut oil.
- Peel, decore & cut apples in quarters.
- Heat berries, apples, cinnamon, coconut sugar & water in pot for 10-15 minutes or until apples are soft.
- Add all topping ingredients and mix well – it should look like muesli.
- Put berry & apple mixture into greased pie dish & pour topping over berries.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm by itself or with ice-cream and lets be honest go back for seconds… and a midnight snack.
I think I’m going to make this for our family dessert and games night – it will be such a hit and it’s healthy (big plus). If you make this please Tweet me or tag me on Instagram. It’s super easy and quick, I promise!
Ps, look out for my Sister Tag video which is coming up next week – YAY!