Hello November! And hello to the month before Christmas!! Seriously though, where has the year gone?
You guys seemed to really enjoy last months goals post so let’s just make it a thing – it’s a cool way for us all to be accountable to each other in some way. This post means it’s officially the end of Vlogtober which is bitter-sweet for me, because I loved pushing myself and creating fresh content but I’m also really excited to get back to my regular life – vlogtober is SO time-consuming! It’s totally worth it though!
Before we talk about November let’s recap the progress from last month. I’ve ticked off three of the five goals, which in my book is great considering the amount of videos I put up in October. This isn’t about being ridged and hauling myself over the coals for not accomplishing everything, it’s a lesson in having grace for myself. I was able to upload great content consistently, push myself and actually celebrate my birthday, which you’ll see in Thursday’s vlog.
Okay so you’ll recognize the first two goals as carryovers from last month.
01. Get into the habit of exercising and enjoy it. I’ve taken a step toward this one because I’ve bought some new gym gear from Zando in the hopes that it will motivate me. I’ve also read up about doing more weight training than cardio to increase fitness levels and lose weight. Have you guys tried that? Give me tips!
02. Start my bullet journal. I have to do this this month because I’m currently working with 3 notebooks & 2 notepads which means I can never find the one tiny scribbled to-do list that I desperately need!
03. Plan + save for my USA trip. If you watched this weeks vlog you would have seen my raw moment chatting about my sister and wanting to be there when she has her baby (if you’re unsure of what’s going on, my sister moved to America & is having a baby in Feb, also we’re best friends!). So far I’ve gotten my my passport, done my visa application & booked my appointment (praying I get it!) & am currently researching flights, so I feel like I’m getting somewhere. All these things are vey exciting and also very expensive so I need to save everything I make this month & next month to pay for my tickets & for spending money. This is easier said than done when it’s Sean’s birthday in December, and it’s Christmas, but lets see how it goes!
04. Declutter and update our apartment. This one may seem a bit odd considering number 3 on this list but I have a plan! I’m currently in the process of working with a brand (you’ll find out everything soon) to revamp & update our bedroom – I legit am so excited about it!! So since we’ll be getting some new items, that means I can sell some of the old stuff on good ol’ Gumtree. Then I’d like to use that extra money to get some pictures printed & possibly buy some prints online. That way I’m not actually using any of the money budgeted for my trip – smart right?
05. Stay connected. Recently I’ve made it a habit to do my devotional every morning, with my tea/coffee in hand. It’s a great start to my day, and I honestly feel like I’m a better human when I do it. Like the small things just don’t get to me as much and it reminds me of why I’m doing this and who it’s for. Sean & I are also doing a marriage devotional once a week, just to keep God at the center of our relationship and to make sure that we’re constantly feeding into our relationship. If you’re keen, I use the YouVersion app on my phone to read the Bible & do my devotionals.
So those are my goals for November. What are your goals for this month?