I did this DIY with the intention of posting about it before the Easter weekend, but as holidays go, mine were pretty busy with packing for camp, I mentioned it in this post, and eating far too many chocolates, alas, no Easter DIY in time for Easter. But I didn’t want to waste it as it doesn’t just have to be an Easter thing.
I thought of this as a fun jar to put sweets/nuts/treats for my entrance table, as we always have something small for people to take home, for the road, kind of like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – but occasionally with health snacks, like nuts.
Its super easy and can be completed in under an hour. YAY! I love quick easy DIY’s.
- A jar with lid
- Super glue
- plastic animal/bunny/dinosaur
- Gold spray paint
- Make sure the bottom of the plastic figure is completely flat. I just used a bit of sandpaper and sanded the bottom to make sure it was flush with the lid.
- Glue plastic figure to lid and secure for about 2 minutes. When the glue os try, spray the lid and plastic figure with gold spray paint, taking car to get into all the little nooks.
- Allow to stand and dry then fill your jar with whatever you would like and skrew on lid.
- You can use it as a sweetie jar, small gift, hair tie holder or paperclip jar for your desk.
- Let me know if you do this DIY and send me pictures please.
Will do a post on the army general jar I made.